- The Ghost and Mr. Chicken - A goofy Don Knott's film, a definite classic.
- It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown! - Short and sweet, network classic.
- The Corpse Bride - Not as good as Nightmare, but still fun.
- The Nightmare Before Christmas - Not many Halloween musicals out there, and this is top-notch.
- Ernest Scared Stupid - Haven't actually seen this one, but my kids seemed to enjoy it - watch at your own risk.
- Garfield's Halloween - Another short and sweet network classic.
- Arsenic and Old Lace (on Netflix) - A great family comedy, one of our favorites.
- Scared Stiff - a fun Martin and Lewis comedy.
- Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein (on Netflix)- There are a number of A&C halloweeny movies, and this is the best (followed closely by Whodunnit)
- To Kill a Mockingbird - Not really a Halloween movie, but the climax and ending scene happen on Halloween, plus it's a great movie to watch anytime.
Family-friendly Halloween Favorites
If you're looking for a non-gory, family-friendly, Halloween movie, take a look at the following list of some of our favorites: